08 July 2020 07:40 AM
How do I create a custom From address in Yahoo?General Email Questions
In order to create a custom "From" address in Yahoo!, please follow these simple steps:|
1. Log into your Yahoo! mail
2. Click "Options" in the upper-right hand corner of the page and select "Mail Options"
3. In the middle area of the page, click "Add or edit an account"
4. When the "Mail Accounts" page opens, click "Add"
5. In the box, enter an account name for your reference and click "Continue"
6. You'll then see two boxes. In the first box put the name you'd like others to see
7. In the second box, type the email address you'd like to send from and click "Continue"
8. On the page that opens, check to make sure that you have entered in the correct email address
9. If it looks fine, click "Send Verification" to generate the verification email
The "Verify Account" page opens. Follow these steps to complete the setup and start sending from your other email address:
1. Leave the "Verify Account" page open
2. In a different browser window or application, sign into your other email account
3. Look for an email from Yahoo! Member Services, and open it
4. Copy the “confirmation code” in the last line of the email
5. Get back on the “Verify Account” page and Paste that confirmation code in the box beside “Confirmation Code:”
6. At the bottom of the page, click "Verify Account"
7. A sign in page will open with your ID already filled in. Sign in with your password
Now you can easily send from the new address by opening a "Compose" page, clicking the down-arrow on the end of the “From:” box, and clicking the new account in the pull-down list of email addresses. That’s it! People receiving the message will see it as being sent from that address.